10 Tips to Effectively Manage Remote Teams
Did you know that, according to Global Workplace Analytics, half of the worldwide workforce currently works in some kind of telecommuting role? It’s true and, in addition, 80 to 90 percent of the world’s employees say that they would like to be working remotely for at least part of the time. So, what does this mean for you as an owner/manager? It means that you could offer remote opportunities to your workforce because it can be an enticing method for gaining more productive workers without increased payment on your part. It's clearly the way of the workplace future and that's why owners/managers need to start adapting to make it work for everybody involved.
In the wake of the Coronavirus pandemic with its widespread mandatory quarantines, many companies are being forced to start implementing a remote work policy. Moreover, companies that offer their workers flexibility in their schedules often find that it leads to happier employees, So, maybe the requirement for remote workers will allow those companies to quickly learn how to maintain a productive remote work culture and increase both productivity and employee loyalty for their companies. That being said, here are a few helpful tips for all of you owners and managers to help you and your remote team to have successful and productive weeks ahead and beyond. Experts recommend the following:
1. Setting Clear Expectations & Trusting Your Remote Team
2. Treating Remote Workers As Local & Making Them Feel Included
3. Creating A Viable Communication Strategy & Engaging Remote Workers Regularly
4. Scheduling Video-Based Coaching
5. Being Intentional With Preparing Employees & Giving Them Reliable Tools
6. Staying Focused On Goals Rather Than on Activity While Connecting Their Goals and Yours
7. Using Technology For Building Community
8. Avoiding Multitasking
9. Establishing Close Bonds
10. Offering Frequent Help And Support
These tips can help you with keeping your remote team motivated for working with your company longer and with more productivity.